Terms & Conditions
- DIAGNOSTIC FEE - I acknowledge that a diagnostic fee will apply to out-of-warranty service.
- DATA DISCLAIMER - I acknowledge that data may be lost or compromised during service and that I am solely responsible for maintaining a backup of this data. Ready2Tek is not liable for any loss of data. I’ve backed up or removed all removable media and confidential information. We offer data recovery services. Under many circumstances, you will not be asked to provide your password; however a password may be necessary depending on the complexity of the data recovery/transfer that was requested. Your privacy is important to us, so your password may be asked only if absolutely necessary when completing a data recovery/transfer service. I understand I will have to provide my password and authorize Ready2Tek to use this password explicitly for the data recovery/transfer service I requested. I will also not hold Ready2Tek liable for any data loss or my data being compromised during these scenarios.
- GENUINE APPLE PARTS - I authorize Ready2Tek to service the equipment mentioned above using genuine Apple parts. All parts are backed by Apple’s 90-day part warranty, or the original one-year limited warranty, whichever is longer.
- NONE-GENUINE APPLE PARTS - Upon my request or approval, I authorize Ready2Tek to service the equipment mentioned above using 3rd party parts not endorsed by Apple, and NOT covered under the 90-day part warranty. Warranty for these parts is provided by the manufacturer, NOT Ready2Tek, and is subject to manufacturers' warranty policies. I acknowledge that using 3rd party parts to repair iOS devices may be classified as unauthorized modification per Apple’s warranty policies for these devices.
- ABANDONMENT POLICY - Due to limited space and property liability, All customers agree to make a diligent effort to keep in contact with Ready2Tek and decide how they would like their order resolved in a timely manner. If Ready2Tek does not hear from you (via e-mail, phone, or in-person) for a period of more than 10 days after work on your ticket/equipment has been completed we will assume you have abandoned your unit with us and we will take the following action: We will attempt to contact you via e-mail, and/or phone at least 3 times during a period of 35 days. If we are then still unable to resolve the desired action after such period, we will assume your unit and all associated accessories have been permanently abandoned and we will irreversibly dispose of your device.
- UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS - Apple's Limited Warranty, or any applicable service coverage from Apple, does not cover issues that come up as a result of third-party components or workmanship performed at a non-authorized location. Ready2Tek and Apple are not responsible for any damage caused, or complications, that may arise from devices that have been modified, or altered, by non-Apple certified technicians prior to service.
- FORM DATA - I understand that the information I filled out in this form is not final and it is subject to change based on the diagnostic and troubleshooting steps performed by a technician. I also certify that all the information I provided is accurate and correct to the best of my understanding. If corrections are needed, I authorize Ready2Tek to make changes to this information on my behalf.
THIS SECTION IS ONLY APPLICABLE WHEN YOU REQUEST A LOANER FROM US
[Ready2Tek], ("Service Provider") is pleased to extend the offer of a loaner device to you while service is performed on your current device ("Customer Device"). By taking possession of the equipment identified in section 1 ("Loaner Device") and signing this agreement, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below:
1. Loaner Device. You acknowledge receipt of the Loaner Device listed in your ticket as "Loaner SN" which at "Service Provider" discretion may be new or refurbished, and agree to return it to Service Provider (i) no more than fourteen (14) days from the date Service Provider notifies you that your repaired Customer Device is ready for pickup or (ii) upon Service Provider’s written request to do so (each, a "Return Date"):
From the date on which you receive the Loaner Device through the Return Date, title to the Loaner Device shall at all times remain vested in Service Provider.
CONSUMER LAW: THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS AGREEMENT ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND REGULATIONS. For information on your consumer law rights, please see www.apple.com/legal/warranty/statutoryrights.html.
2. Failure to Return Loaner Device. Service Provider may require a valid credit card number prior to providing a Loaner Device. An authorization, in the amount of the Replacement Value listed in your ticket as "Loaner Fee" will be placed on your credit card. In the event that you fail to return the Loaner Device to Service Provider by the Return Date your credit card will be charged the Replacement Value. After confirmation that any and all charges have been paid, the authorization on your credit card will expire.
3. Extended Return Date. If you have a circumstance that prevents you from picking up your repaired Customer Device on or before the Return Date, you may submit a request to Service Provider for an extension of five (5) days beyond the standard fourteen (14) day return period. You may submit a request for the extension by contacting Service Provider at the location where the Loaner Device was provided. Upon approval of the five (5) day extension, the extended date will become your Return Date for purposes of these terms, and you will be required to return the Loaner Device by that extended Return Date. All of the terms set forth in this agreement will apply to that extended Return Date.
4. Replacement. Where Service Provider determines that replacement of the Customer Device is required (e.g., where repair is not possible or entails disproportionate costs): (i) you will return the Loaner Device to Service Provider and collect the Serviced Device, for which all original terms of sale that applied to the Customer Device, including the remainder of any warranty terms still in effect will apply; (ii) provided that you return the Loaner Device, you will obtain full rights of ownership in the Serviced Device, and (iii) Service Provider will obtain full rights of ownership in the Customer Device and may use or dispose of the Customer Device as Service Provider sees fit.
5. Safeguarding. You must take reasonable and prudent precautions to protect the Loaner Device against damage, loss, or abuse while in your care, custody, and control. If the Loaner Device is lost, stolen or damaged, you must notify Service Provider immediately. Only Service Provider may service the Loaner Device. You may be held responsible for repair or replacement costs if the Loaner Device is lost, damaged, or stolen while on loan.
6. Permitted Use. The Loaner Device is to be used solely by you while your own device is being serviced by Service Provider ("Service Period"). You must not use the Loaner Device for any unlawful purpose. Only software with valid licenses should be loaded on the Loaner Device.
7. Delete Your Files Upon Return of Loaner Device You acknowledge that before returning the Loaner Device, you are responsible for erasing all files, including personal and/or confidential files and data, created by you. Therefore, should you wish to retain any files you created, you should backup your files using iTunes or iCloud so that the files can later be transferred to your serviced Customer Device. You are responsible for removing and storing any such files prior to returning the Loaner Device. Service Provider or Apple is not responsible nor liable for any files or data remaining on, or erased from the Loaner Device, following its return.
8. Installed Software. You acknowledge that all software provided with the Loaner Device is licensed specifically to this Loaner Device and you will not remove it. You also agree not to copy or otherwise reproduce, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any software, the equipment, or components provided with the Loaner Device.
9. Service Provider Liability. Service Provider will not be liable for any:
(iii) indirect; or
(iv) direct damages;
arising out of these terms or the use of the Loaner Device, including without limitation any losses of or affecting your personal property, software or data. THIS LIMITATION IS NOT INTENDED TO EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY, FRAUD, FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY LIABILITY THAT ARISES UNDER CONSUMER LAW WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED.
10. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the country in which the Loaner Device is provided.